View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #563
sdailey
The Few, The Proud

Re: Project - '69 4x4 named "Patches"

Still here......

Here's an update of where the truck stands now.

My cab didn't have a rear view mirror so I measured and drilled holes for one (major progress I know) If the holes look crooked its because the cheap aftermarket mount had the holes drilled uneven.

Cut the cab for a cargo light thanks to this thread...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=202391

Installed cargo light switch

Marked the doors and drilled holes for my sport mirrors.

With the driver's side buttoned up, I've been working getting the passenger side squared away.

No pictures, but got the kick panel area repaired during this process as well.

Added a new drip rail

Got the door hung (again) trying to line up the rocker. The passenger side is going a lot smoother than the driver's side did that's for sure.

Got the fender mounted checking the gaps at the door and rocker. Notice the tape on the door window hoop, I've got to cut it and remove a little material like I did on the driver's side door.

At this point the rocker is almost ready to get welded in. There are a couple areas where I need to fill in the door/fender gap a little, but nothing major. I'll just add a little metal to the door edge and blend it in. Once that is done then I can get the cab corner installed and hopefully move to another area of my cab. I'm tired of hanging and re-hanging doors and rockers.

I'm going to tackle the firewall next. I plan on smoothing it for the most part, but I've got to get the new cowl panel installed first. Wish me luck.