View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #128
coulter

Re: intro + 66 black bagged long fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
I like what you've done so far for sure. Two observations/suggestions:
  1. Give yourself more clearance than you think you'll ever need on the front rear tubs. You'll end up going lower, running taller wheels/tires, or both.
  2. Toss that Torker intake. That was the worste intake I ever ran on my BBC. Far better to run a dual plane on a truck/cruiser.
what setup were u running on your bbc? it rob too much power down low or somthing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by low 90 View Post
nice truck for sure! if you dont mind me asking where did you get the motor mounts from?
i cant get the link to work for some reason but i bought them on ebay from performance online parts. just search for username performo on ebay and check out his store.. i got the tranny crossmember and engine mounts with bolts and rubber mounts for 210 i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by defgone View Post
Following this build closely...going to do something similar to my 63...your truck is currently my role model...great job and pics...couple questions

1-the cupping of the lowers seems to have brought it down quite a bit from your first attempt...how much do you think it helped lower it? and kind of curious as to why it helped since the cup doesn't seem to put the bag that much lower?

2-what size/type of shocks are you running on front and rear?

3-where are you mounting the rear shocks?
well i was using the suicidedoors cups on the bottom and they just sit down in the spring pocket to give the bag somthing flat to sit on..it was just too tall and the bag would fully compress (compressed height of 3 inches on my bags) way before it would go all the way down... and also when i raised it all the way up the bag was only like half way inflated before the upper controll arm would hit on the crossmember.. i think at the deepest point on my lower control arms since i modified them is 2 1/2 inches.. and before with the suicide doors cups the bag would sit above the control arm just a bit.. so i basically lowered the bag almost 3 inches which was the perfect amount to make it fit right

just noticed i never got a good pic of the shock mounts.. u can see them in this pic... still havent made some shock relocaters for the front yet... o btw they are just stock monroe shocks.. gonna upgrade later

bagged 66 longbed build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=449548

my favorite colors.. black, rust, and shiny!!!! instagram: @coulter918

Last edited by coulter; 05-11-2011 at 08:20 AM.
coulter is offline   Reply With Quote