View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #323
Longhorn321
Size Matters

Re: Whose on Steelies? Post 'em up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy58 View Post
Everyone is welcome to help me get the facts straight, I'm no hubcap expect.

Those are original issue for 1967, just polished stainless steel version. Chevy also had a white and red painted version of the same dogdish hubcaps. It took me years of collecting to get a whole set for my truck. In 1968 chevy had the same hubcaps as in 1967 only sporting different colors. Here is a picture of the white and red cap issued in 1967.

Does anyone have a picture of a 1968 cap for chevlwb68 to see?

All the dogdish caps for both those years just snap onto the original wheels. The wheel and the cap were made for each other. You guys got to admit they do make a statement together. I have always leaned towards the original, but there are a lot of good looking wheels and caps out there. It's all about, "what blows your dress up".

Hope it was ok to use that old saying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd68Chevy View Post
Here is a picture of my 68 caps. They were the original ones on my truck but I have had them repainted. The black and silver is original colors but the bowtie was originally red. They snap on the out side on little nubs. They were on the original 6 lug wheels and now are on a 5 lug set from a 1980 GMC. Fits both wheels fine.
I think these are the caps he was referring to.
Name:  wheel.jpg
Views: 3565
Size:  47.3 KB

...WOOOO HOOOO!!!!
Longhorn321 is offline   Reply With Quote