Thread: Hi! my '59
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 PM   #27
Denee007

Re: Hi! my '59

The link below is about the only site that I can come up with as to what a 60's model or 230motor would be supported by. I can't seem to find those metal pieces that they show. Another thing that I see may be in the way is the clutch linkage which runs down the front left(drivers side) frame. It's really in the way. I'll take some better photos tomorrow sometime, just baby sitting and this 3 y/o doesn't like me to get on the computer! lol
Orrie, I've soaked the u joints and will take a look at that replacement Thursday. I have ordered shocks and the correct u bolts and the bolt/s that holds the leaf springs in place.

Another thing that I may do is the rear shock lower placement. The axle I have has the brackets on them for shocks, one faces forward and the other backwards, so I just need to mount the upper part of the shocks 'somewhere'(drill a hole?). I'll play with that idea soon!

As for the front windshield, or all the windows for that matter, the lady didn't have those, but they were removed for paint. The truck sat at a paint n body shop for 2 years and they worked on it at their leisure and allowed her to pay in off on a monthly basis. I paid 5500. for this truck, may not have been a great deal, but the paint alone would have been close to that price? it did come with the wood/chrome strips for the bed, and of course the power front disc brake conversion is nice that I don't have to do either! ; ) But like many here, I have plenty to keep me busy for a while.
I'm still looking intermitently for a V8/tranny setup.
be back~ ; )
http://www.persh.org/pickup/perches.htm

Last edited by Denee007; 05-17-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: additional info
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote