View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #135
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: intro + 66 black bagged long fleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry View Post
The name "Torker" is misleading. They produce less bottom end torque than the performer and they make less bottom end and less top end than the Performer RPM.

They were designed for low hood clearance vehicles like corvettes. You don't have that constraint with the truck. I'd swap for a performer RPM in a heartbeat. Do a little google on the Torker and Torker II to see what others have to say about it.
I had a Torker II on my Z28, and all I can say is that it was the single worse intake I have ever run. Sawpped for a Performer RPM and have been happy ever since.

Coulter: That is a pretty sick build you've got going on, and I really dig your approach to the front end. I've often wondered about making the air bags lift higher like you have done, living in a small mountain town myself ground clearance is a must for anything (even the main drag). Also I've never seen much of a point in spending all that money to only get a couple inches of lift for driving. Again, I like your approach and you've given me some ideas to chew on for my roller. Sweet set up you've got there too bud. No doubt subscribing.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote