View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 11:43 PM   #1413
drewskiren
Lucky Teter at the wheel

Re: ** YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN ** The truck Chevrolet should have built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fencepost View Post
Try misting the plastic walls and floor down with water prior to painting, also blow off parts before painting and wipe down with tack rag. You may have done these things just thought I would chime in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicchev View Post
Drew, why did all the other parts that you painted look so nice, then the last batch turns out fuzzy? Seems like alot of crap, seems like whenever that happens to me its usually my gun that has not been cleaned properly, and the new solvents are "melting" the old in the gun and blowing the lovely little chunks.

Just a thought, and remember I bought my booth at the same place you got yours!!!!

Darren
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
I've seen that before when a coworker that was just out in the work area sanding down a truck came into the paint booth to spray some parts. He was in a hurry and forgot to blow himself off before he came in. The sanding dust on his body & hair came off and ended up all over the paint. The booth was clean and sprayed down but he was not. Just a thought.
Thanks for the tips, I think I had the fender sitting on a table that I did not clean. I should have blown it off, or covered it with plastic. I also didn't tack cloth off the paper on the doors. I blew off everything and the walls and floors last night and shot it again this morning and it turned out much better.

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN (Finished with MAJOR Surgery - IT'S ALIVE!!!)

The Bride is currently under the knife!
drewskiren is offline   Reply With Quote