View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 06:43 PM   #7
Super73

Re: suspension and brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastwillie 696969 View Post
well once i get my cpp upper tubular a arms this week ,i let you know how much they weigh compared to stock a arms ,im sure there's a difference since tubular is less material
im sure with the lower a arms alot of weight is lost there alone,
I'm not soo sure.. The factory front arms are stamped steel.
Uppers with out ball joint and cross shaft = 5lbs each.
Lower control arm with out cross shaft and ball joint = 17lbs each

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboybodry View Post
I was thinking a set of drop spindles, aluminum calipers,tubular upper and lower control arms, and ss brake lines for the front. My brother has a 2000 trans am that is wrecked I was going to get the rear brakes off of if they will work.
I had a water jet place cut me some backing plates for 4th gen rear calipers I had laying around. I drew it up with measurements and they cut them from .25" flat stock. I am using a caprice rotor which is 5x5 bolt pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdog28 View Post
Weight may only be a few pounds possibly 10-15 each. But the biggest gain is the geometry the new ones have compared to the old ones.
For what I do, I'm not sure the geometry is going to do much for me If memory serves we were able to get like 6-7* of caster out of my truck on the factory arms. It drives straight as an arrow even at 128mph. For me there would have to be a big weight savings for me to go with them. The reason I am holding out for eiher a mustang 2 front or the front end that a board member is developing. I though about C5 stuff too..
1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote