View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
gottattooz

Captain America 68 short/fleetside

Well, after being a member for 3 years with nothing to contribute, I finally dragged home my "dream truck", a 1968 Chevy Shortbed Fleetside. I"ve loved the bodystyle for a very long time, and found someone who'd trade me even up for my old 1994 S-10 Blazer with a SBC. I"ll do my best to use the search function before asked redundant questions about things that I"m sure have been covered hundreds of times.
Currently, the truck has a 250 inline 6 and supposedly a Muncie 4 speed, set in, but neither are hooked up. MY plan was to run the drivetrain as is, and work on making it a safe and dependable truck before bothering to swap out the drivetrain. However, I know very little about the engine, and even less about the trans. I don't even know if I have all the parts to make it roadworthy. Time will tell.
Now, the bad news. The guy I traded to painted the truck himself, red, white and blue. Doesn't sound too awful until you see what he did to the clearcoat. I kid you not, the guy clearcoated the truck, and then threw glitter all over it. I don't mean put glitter in the clear and sprayed it evenly. He threw it on the truck like he was feeding chickens!!! There's mailbox numbers screwed to the hood, Tiger-print cloth all over the dashboard and doorpanels, and probably a slew of problems I have yet to discover.
Anyways, looking forward to gathering as much info and knowledge as I can.

-Josh
Attached Images

gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote