View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

back in the game: need a little suspension help

hey guys, i'm a mini-trucker again...i pulled the trigger & bought this pretty nice 1993 ext. cab to be my daily driver...that means i can now send the old VW Cabriolet on it's way...but as for the truck, i was told it has 2" spindles/springs up front...all i know is that it's pretty dang low, so i'm looking for opinions from you guys...either the frame or crossmember scrapes when i cross the speed bumps coming into my apartment complex...does it look like a 4" drop to you? it's also running a 225/50/16 tire, so i know that factors in as well...i was contemplating raising it up an inch...but is there any way to know for sure if i have 2" springs?

second, let's look at the rear...it doesn't sit quite as low...i had thought about maybe a taller tire in back, but that won't allow for rotating...so, maybe i'll just look into dropping it a little more to minimize the gap...i was told the rear is dropped with leafs & blocks...do the leafs look like 3" drop leafs? and what size blocks do these look like (2"?)?

i'm just wanting to make sure i have my stance right before driving everyday...it was a little rough up front driving home, but i realized they never trimmed or replaced the front bump stops...so the frame is literally riding on them...i'll have to fix that too...anyway, any help is greatly appreciated! and i'm glad to be back in the game for a little while

other detailed pics here:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...0%20ext%20cab/

likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote