View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
capev86

Re: New version of a trailer queen, or maybe this makes it a trailer king?!?

i know a lot of people like the sport mirrors. but they are a joke on a truck that actually gets used as a truck and so just seem out of place to me. i picked up a pair of tripod mirrors (with the really short arms and the top one is round) like my dad's 72 burb had because i can't see diddly squat backing up solo...those stupid sport mirrors have to go.

i'm still working on my 72 burb c20 before it does big towing duties. back in 1984 my family bought a 71 holiday trav'ler that weights close to 6k and we still have it. i only have a 307 (with performer intake and q-jet swap), 3 on the tree and 4.10 rear. and i'm hoping to tow the trailer from the very bottom of maine up to moncton, nb, canada in the next couple years for the Atlantic Nationals. it will be a bit longer than 4-1/2 hours and i will just take my time and probably go up route 1 for a lot of it. my grandmother lives about 2 hours north of me near the coast so i may might head north after work and make an overnight stop and make for less driving the next day.

the trailer was dropped off at my house last year by my dad in his 99 burb c1500, because my grandmother wanted it out of her driveway where we kept it most of the time. he may haul it back up maine this summer for when my cousins' kids come to visit. i have a 15k class iv hitch on my truck but no trailer harness yet and with a bad center bearing i'm going easy on it!

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by capev86; 06-11-2011 at 10:48 AM.
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote