View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 10:39 PM   #714
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72BlckButy View Post
Hope life is treating you well SCOTI... been a while since I've been able to keep track of your build. Are we going to see you up this way again in September?

BTW...what did you coat the ram horns in? Powdercoat?
Hey Nate, thanks for looking in.

We do plan to be there again this year. It should be the same group w/a few others from what N2billet mentioned in previous conversations. I do hope to be bringing the 64 (driving it actually ).

The exhaust manifolds have a high temp coating that's basically like powder coating. They did the standard 'ceramic' finish (like what you get on ceramic coated headers) & then they did a top-coat of 'tungsten' which is a higher temp coating that looks very close to 'as-cast' parts in color & it has an egg-shell/satin feeling to the touch.

Today I cut up a 45° elbow & indexed several pieces of tubing to form the transition from the manifold flange to the straight section of pipe that runs parallel to the frame rail (alongside the trans). I'll tack it together tomorrow @ work & verify things are 'close'. I'm trying to get each side indexed & tacked together so we can get it welded by early next week.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote