View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 11:02 PM   #720
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69chevyshort View Post
Sure , sure , I'm sure those aren't your fingers in the pics.

Nice progress. Done anything else to the dually?
Yes & no....

I worked on the cooling issue I've had since late March but found out today, it's still around. My normal 15-20min drive to work yielded 210° as I was pulling into the parking lot. When I re-check the coolant level, I was 2.5gals low again.

But, driving home tonight from the shop may have provided some info. As I was cruising along (5mins into the drive home), the truck just died. I coasted to a parking lot for a quick inspection. Each attempt @ a re-start seemed like I had a heat-soak issue. I removed the EXTREMELY hot air cleaner lid & it looks like the inside of a boiling pot. Once I got it re-started, I can see a mist shooting up from the TB base. I guess the TB coolant loop is cracked @ the base plate. I'm going to try & bypass the loop & see if there's a change.

I took off from work next week to finish up the 64's exhaust & rebuild the duallys brakes/suspension. My plan was to drop it while completing the other tasks (mild 4/6 drop).

As far as the 64, I got several pieces for the pass side tacked together today & things look good. I finished setting up that side so there's a couple more pieces that need to be tacked in place & then I'll verify the starter can be dropped w/that exhaust pipe in place.

Since I came to a stopping point there, I started the drivers side. I got the preliminary discharge piping cut & mocked up. I'll get them tacked together as well tomorrow & re-installed to verify everything fits/flows well. If I can get things tacked early enough, it's possible I'll have both sides (from the manifold flanges to the truck-arm x-member) welded by tomorrow night.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 06-15-2011 at 11:09 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote