View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #737
SCOTI

Re: Project: Recycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69chevyshort View Post
If it were me I think I'd hold off on the LS swap as well. GG Kansas is only a few months away ,if you're still planning on taking the 64' I'd avoid any potentially time consuming distractions, such an LS swap and just stay focused on the 64'.

As N2TRUX said if you have a spare BBC in the garage ,just swap the motor in a weekend and be done. If you go that route let me know I might be able to help you out.
I don't plan to swap the 6.0 @ this point in time. There's too much stuff involved for the swap to not consider it a 'project' (unless you've done several, know exact details, have everything needed on hand, & the shop to do it in).

I re-routed the coolant line & by-passed the TB unit. I also changed the oil & filter. No oil pressure @ idle (that the gauge would read) but 25psi or so @ 40mph. My plan was to take it for a short drive to my work & change the oil again. I never made it to work.....

We're not doing just a head gasket apparently.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote