View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #24
AsianBlazer

Re: weekend purchase

So, after five months of the engine being in the machine shop, and coming in two times higher then what I was quoted and taking three times as long the engine was installed.

Subsequently the carb when installed decided to spew fuel when the engine was fired. Six weeks later the Carb Shop finally finished the overhaul, 3 weeks overdue of course. Reassembled everything fired the engine and ran it on the chassis dyno only to find the engine was running lean all the way under power.

Hmm, deductive reasoning led to a fuel pump only pushing 3-4lbs. No problem, I run to the parts store and procure a new pump and filter. Driving back to the shop I ease over a speed bump in the neighborhood and BANG!
The front end just dropped several inches on the passenger side, I almost crapped my pants, I get out and find the drivers side coilover shock had just exploded! Limped to the mechanics shop two blocks over and walked the four miles home, burning about 5000 anger calories, that was my Friday. At least its supposed to rain again this weekend so I won't be too bent at seeing everyone else out playing with their rides!
Attached Images

AsianBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote