Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #616
SCOTI

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
Wow, no response? Hmm, anyway, todays topic, Wheelbase long, short, modified, .... We had a long talk with a guy wanting to build a track killer C10 today. This truck may be the end of our riegn on the track, and it looks like we're going to build it. While a long bed or x-cab may ride a bit better, they have tougher time in the corners. Short beds, and or Blazers have the upper hand. Even so, a short bed at 115" is at a dis-advantage to the 106" Camaro, or the 104" Mustang. My Effie is 110 1/2". Remember too that it matters WHERE the wheel centers are. C10's are nose heavy, and the front wheel isn't centered in the wheel opening. Moving it forward helps with wieght balance and looks, but makes it 116 1/2" or so. My suggestion was, center up the front, then move the rear forward. How, well maybe, cut 4 1/4" off the front of the bed, then 2" off the back. It helps balance the look. move everything forward to get a 111"-112" wheelbase. We tried it in photoshop real quick, and it looks like you need a 2" chop to have a regular looking truck. My notes show an average ft wt of 57% for these trucks. Changing the wheel base, and pushing an aluminum LS back should bring it down close to 53% ('Bullit is 57%) I'm still looking for a 108" wheel base, but the cutomer is not so into moving the wheel openings around. This looks to be starting soon, I'll keep you posted.
I'd accept your challange if I had a bank accout that would match my enthusiasm level !
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote