Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #637
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

RACE REPORT GoodGuys Columbus PPG Nationals is the biggest GoodGuys show in the country. We went from Des Moines to Jasper In. to RideTech, were we swapped to the new tripple adjustable coil-overs. This is a whole new tuning process. We got to see some new stuff in the works there and had a good time. We ran into Mary Pozzi there, getting some new front shocks as well. We made it Columbus on wednesday, and there was already a bunch going on. Thurday evening, I did some make shift shock tuning. In the back of the campground was a really big parking lot. I set some shop towels on the ground in a 150 ft half circle. I'd run up to it at about 35 mph, and then turn and drive the 180 corner. I'd make 4 or 5 runs at it, and then change one shock to see how it reacted. I did this for about two hours, and about 80 laps. At the end I had a croud of 200+ watching and asking questions. This turned into a huge campground benchracing session. Had a great time. Friday morning rain and the running of the 'Street Machine of the Year' cars took up most of the day, and we only got two runs. 33.705 was our fast lap of the day, that put us in the lead over Mike Hickmans Hotchkis built 'G-10', who ran 33.769. The G-10 has had a lot of work done to it since we last saw it, well built and looks good. Saturday the pit filled to it's 80 car max, and we only got three runs. As the day went on, and the track got hot, the times slipped a bit. We never ran faster, nor did the G-10. We won the truck class, and ran 9th overall in a field of 80, or 108 if you count the street machine cars. Congrats, to Brandy Morrow of Spectra in her 70 Camaro, she won the vender class, and Mike Maier, 65 Mustang, won the street machine class and the Sponsor Shoot-out.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote