Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 11:42 AM   #639
robnolimit

Re: Make it handle

State of Handling I wanted to put out a big THANKS to those of you chasing a better handling truck. Trucks are gaining ground fast, and we hear more and more about great trucks and builds around the country. Last night I was going over the Columbus GoodGuys stats, and realized how much we have gained.
Here's some stats to look at. Mike Maier ran the fast time of the weekend, in his Roush 358" 65 Mustang (he is a 25 yr. + autocross vet) 32.304. Mary Pozzi was second in the street machine class in her fresh built and lightenend 72 camaro. Mary is a 12 National autocross champion, she ran 32.595. Nashville's Brian Finch, who won the Run To The Coast this year, ran a 33.571 in his LS powered 71 Camaro. Roger Burman, of Lakeside Rod and Custom, builder of last years 'Street machine of the year', brought out there new "Crusher" 70 camaro, and ran a 34.481. In the Vendor class, Spectra's Brandy Morrow and the '70 Carbon Camaro ran a 32.622 for the win, fourth in the class was Detroit Speed's Stacy Tucker, 69 camaro, with a 33.718. Now the trucks. We won with a 33.702, just edging out the Hotchkiss built 68 C-10 of Mike Hickman, who ran a 33.766 and a newcomer, Spencer Caudle ran a 34.908 in his 53 chevy p/u.
The great news is we are no longer anywhere near the back of the pack. And I predict that Trucks will only get faster in the years to come. If you haven't tried this, give it a shot, you'll get hooked. Also, as we close in on 50,000 views on this thread, (a cool goal) thanks for all of the interest and input.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote