View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #182
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze57 View Post
some ppl use adhesive also on the doors to make sure the rubber stays on - if the li'l clips break off ( plastic) although i have seen a lot of doors sans adhesive - i guess it all depends on how the rubber is made and if it is a good quality and if the fit is good and solid . Some ppl use clear silicone as a glue -others use black or yellow 3m ''death'' adhesive - either way whatever you use dem fumes is lethal be careful.
Yeah, looks like the remnants of the "yellow death" on my doors. I'd never heard it called that before but it is appropriate. That crap is STRONG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daze57 View Post
... also you may want to drill a 1/8 inch hole in the door hinge to cab as an aid for door realignment - puttin dem back on and gettin them right can be a pita - been der done dat also - good luck and truck is lookin real nice.
once the door is re-hung use the drill bit to realign the holes and hopefully the door will be correct.
You smart guys really annoy me! Where's the fun in doing it the easy way without all the cussin' spittin' and hair tearin'? Kidding of course.

I'd actually read your advice somewhere in the murky past (old guy, memory is the 2nd thing to go!) and forgotten about it. I was thinking of scribing lines but your advice is a LOT better. I'm defintiely doing that. Thanks for reminding me how not to be a moron...again!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote