View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #38
gottattooz

Re: Captain America 68 short/fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by litew8 View Post
Man, someone really did a number on that paint/interior
I agree with others about the seat, not too bad. The exterior - dang, why the big numbers on the hood and the sparkles?
Bet the truck looked nice/decent when the paint was fresh and without the sparkles.

... then again, looking at the paint - it looks rough, was it rolled on? why is it all bumpy lookin?
The previous owner said he was feeling "patriotic" when he decided to paint the truck. IT looks more like an act of treason, if you ask me. The paint is all bumpy becausse the dumbass clearcoated the truck, and then threw handfuls of glitter into the clear. I guess he put the numbers on the hood because he was tired of people asking what year it was. Or maybe he was living in the truck, and his address was 1968. Either way, the numbers are off the hood, even though the hood is scrap. Swapping out the bed and the door means less glitter I"ll have to strip off later. Honestly, I"ll drive the truck "as is" as long as I can get her road ready. I need to get new tires before that happens. The ones on the truck now are old and dry rotted, but they give me a visual on the actual tire sizes I want and how much I want to lower it when I get around to that part of it.

-JOsh
2017 Suzuki M109R
gottattooz is offline   Reply With Quote