View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:53 PM   #12
406 Q-ship

Re: Turbo 6.2 (6.5 turbo setup)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
I really appreciate this thread. I thought only the 5.7's couldn't handle the turbo. I thought the 6.2/6.5's were good to go. Stock compression on the 5.7's were 22:1. I wonder if you could lower the 5.7's to 18:1 compression and turbo that sob.

I was dealing with the 5.7 diesels back when they were still under warrenty. DO NOT EVER PUT ANY BOOST TO A 5.7 UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!!!!! The only place a 5.7 Olds diesel should ever be is at the end of a chain under a boat. Funny thing, I was pulling the 5.7 out of trucks, Cadillacs, Oldsmobiles, and Buicks to convert them to gas engines (worked at a place that did smog legal gas conversion), we sold the running (some broken ones too) to a New Zealander who was using them for agraculture water pumps. When run at a steady RPM the olds diesel would live forever.

Where patience fails, force prevails

Stapp's Ironical Paradox "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."
406 Q-ship is offline   Reply With Quote