Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #685
SCOTI

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
Thanks a bunch. We're having a great time with this. After Columbus we are now hungrier than ever to go faster. You see, GoodGuys autocross is dominated by the Pro-touring croud, and, truck guys don't get much respect, - until you start beating them. In Columbus, the nations fastest showed up lookin for a fight, and they all wanted to win the top trophy. We won our class, but more impressive, we ran 9th fastest overall. The really fast cars are now within reach. here are some of them. Mary Pozzi, 10+ time national auto-x champ, ran a 32.595, 72 LS Camaro. Mark Stielow, last years Optima Invitational winner, ran 33.081, 69 LS Camaro. Brandy Morrow, 70 LS Camaro, Spectra Performance, ran 32.622 to win the vendor class. Jimmy Day, in the Optima Batteries 'One Lap' Camaro, LS 67 Camaro, ran 32.844, and Ryan Mathews, the weekends fastest from Detroit Speed, ran 32.955 in thier LS 63 Nova.
Our fast lap was 33.704. We have never been so close to the top tier. So, my goal, is to shave 1 full second. The typical GoodGuys coarse has 8 to 9 corners, and 9 to 10 straight sections. We are way under powered compared to the 'A' list cars, our 330 @ the tire to their 450+ average. We're working on that, with a new style injection. More tuning and tricks with the chassis will help in the corners. My goal, is to gain .05 seconds in each section, corners and straights. And, and this is the big one, not make any driver errors. ( lots of go-cart practice) .05 sec. over 18 sections, would gain .9 seconds, and would have placed us with a 32.805 lap, and 4th over all. Also, this would have scared the heck out of the Pro Touring crowd, and been a huge move for Truck lovers. The October GoodGuys in Texas is the next time we run against the 'A' listers, and we really hope to have a good showing. Thanks for the interest.
I missed your runs last year but enjoyed talking w/you after the show Sat night. I do not plan to miss them this year. Watching the Bullet in action is my priority!
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote