View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #65
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: Phoenix pop-up camper for Bigassgas8.1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOHICA View Post
Larry, would you mind taking a picture of the latches on your bumper, please?
Here ya go. I finished the latches up the night before we left for our weeklong Utah backcountry trip and figured I’d have to redo this sometime but it seems to be working great. Nothing has loosened up and my bird dropping weld job seems to be holding as well too. They are very tight making it a PITA to open and close but on the other hand there isn’t a single rattle and most thieves would never figure out how to open it.

The latches are called Pull-action Toggle clamps and can be purchased through McMaster-Carr. $48 a piece. Part number 5071A62 and have a 2000 lb holding capacity each. They also have downloadable engineering layout drawings and CAD models if you are using any engineering CAD software.

If you build something and use struts look out for the struts with the plastic ends. They tend to break easy so I learned! They hold the gates open just fine but you have to hold the gate while it is opening or else the weight in motion will break off the plastic ends. All four ends are Gorilla glued
DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote