View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 02:16 AM   #15
stealthy '69
'69 Chevy SWB

Re: Project: No Name

Well I got a few little things done this weekend. To start with, a guy from work gave me a few pointers on tuning my carb and timing, and thanks to him it runs way better now. And by that I mean, It'll stay running with out having to have the idle @ 1500, and it doesn't back fire through the carb any more.

I also spent most of the day Sunday cleaning the garage and putting together a work bench of old conveyor parts from work, and some 2x6's my stepdad gave me. So far I have about $0.00 invested in it. Not to mention it's 100% stainless steel and wood, and it all bolts together. So if I move later on in life I can break it down for easy transport.

On to the truck related parts. I decided it was time to S- or get off the pot. In other words stop procrastinating. I started the process of installing all the parts to get the back out of the clouds and into the weeds. Unfortunately, my little 25 gallon air compressor wouldn't power my impact enough to remove the U-bolts o the track bar. So all I really got accomplished in that aspect was, bolting on the 5" springs and spring cups. Not to mention I found the HARD end of a 15/16's wrench when it slipped off the track bar mount and hit me right on the bridge of my nose. And yes I cried. Not because it hurt, which it did, but because it hit just right to make my eyes water. At least that's the story I'm going with.

Name:  th_P9110100.jpg
Views: 906
Size:  5.7 KB
Out with the old, in with the new.

Name:  th_P9110103.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  3.3 KB
For some reason, someone drilled holes around the bottom of the lower driver side spring cup.

Name:  th_P9110101.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  4.8 KB

Name:  th_P9110099.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  6.5 KB

Name:  th_P9110108.jpg
Views: 898
Size:  4.3 KB
This ought to ensure things don't come loose.

While cleaning up the garage I found the spider gears I pulled out about 3 years ago to install the mini-spool. Well after driving it that long and changing directions with my truck, I decided it was time to go from "posi" back to peg leg. So out came the mini-spool and back in went the spider gears. And it was a bigger pain removing then installing the MS. But it all came out and in went the spider gears. Sorry I forgot pics.

Any way I snapped up a few pics with the camera my wife got me for X-mas or my b-day, I forget which. Here they are....

'69 Chevy SWB Fleet, Primer Black; Project No Name
'06 Chevy Trailblazer, Blueish Silver?; Wifes DD, Sold
'08 Chevy Impala SS, Silver; the new DD, AND IT IS FUN!!!
'99 Dodge Dakota R/T, Intense Blue; DD, Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
The tig welds are not the prettiest i have seen but they do have good penetration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldblue1968chevy View Post
There are two things in life where penetration is really important.....and one of them is welding.
stealthy '69 is offline   Reply With Quote