View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #18
406 Q-ship

Re: Cooling system issue....

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwotr View Post
Thanks Guys.
An update......

I went looking for a Fan Shroud, and every aftermarket parts dealer seemed to be in the $99.00-$140.00 Range!

I found a new shroud, Clips, Screws at LMC, shipped to my Door for $78.00.
Gonna have my Mechanic get the Clutch Fan.
So I'm gonna have the Shroud put on, New Clutch Fan, New 160 Degree Thermostat and Flush the Cooling System and add new Coolant.

One question though....
When I looked at Clutch Fans online in the application, they wanted to know the "Rear end Gear Ratio"!!??
I thought maybe I was outta my mind until my Mechanic got asked the SAME THING, by HIS Parts Guy.

I'm pretty sure its got to do with the RPM's the Engine will turn, with the Clutch Fan that would Determine WHAT the Correct Fan is?

I thought the more knowledgable could simplify/spell it out for me?
Well to make it easy for you, the truck that you would be using the fan from had 3.08, 3.42, and 3.73 as the common gear ratio. Pick something close what is in your truck. Besides if it heat soaked when getting gas and only got to 210° and ran around town at 205° in 100° outside temp, then you do not have a overheating problem at all. It still needs a clutch fan and shroud (all vehicles should have them).

Where patience fails, force prevails

Stapp's Ironical Paradox "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."
406 Q-ship is offline   Reply With Quote