View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: E-Z Ride Front Spring Pack Question ...

Ok,so the HD springs just come as EZ-Rides and you get another spring to add to make it HD? I don't think a winch would warrant HD springs. It's not like the EZ-Rides can't handle any weight. You can always add the leaf later if you feel it's needed.I'm not sure why they offer HDs other than to supply something that compares to what other companies sell,like Rough Country. But,it seems people only buy Rough Country because they are cheap,not because they are stiffer. I do believe if Tuff Country HDs are just EZ-Rides with an added leaf that they would still right much better than other spring packs that aren't designed to soften the ride. What gives the better ride/flexiness is the way the leafs are arched. They are not a continuous bow like conventional springs. The centers flatten out.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote