View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #8
Evil Trailblazer SS
Big Gulps Huh? Whelp...

Re: Project Evil Tow Rig - '87 CC SRW Conversion

I haven't been updating this build thread at all and I apologize!

Progress has been slow as the final push on the Trailblazer took a lot of time and energy but the crew cab is shaping up to be a nice long winter/spring project!

I found a front lube 4L80E complete with a spare NP205 in case I ever need it. I bought the package because it came with one of the fabled 15629600 4L80E-to-NP205 adapters that was supposedly "perfect", but when I had a friend ship the adapter alone to me. When I got the adapter, I threw it in the media blasting cage and this is what I found...

Needless to say, I was not thrilled! Good thing I got the whole package cheap! I have since decided to go with a '99+ central lube core 4L80E, build it to Level 5 spec and have my friend Dave at Yank Performance build me a custom multi-disc towing converter for the truck as well. I'll be selling the 4L80E I already have soon, so stay tuned.

After months of asking him, I finally got a member on CK5 to sell me one of his perfect condition 15629600 adapters, so I should have it in the next couple weeks.*

I found an NOS OD gear indicator months ago, so I have that here as well as a complete '81+ tach cluster I found from Blake_H, who is local to me!

I already pulled it all apart and cleaned everything, traced the printed circuit to the harness so I can plan how to re-pin everything once I start the cluster swap.

Blake also has a pristine '86 fleetside bed for me as well...

I still need to buy the SRW front hub assemblies and crossover steering kit from ORD and 14-bolt FF...then it will be time to figure out what I want to do for spring packs...
Posted via Mobile Device