View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #85
blackedoutharley
Account Suspended

Re: Whats under your hood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demmit_Hemmit's 65 View Post
How about putting a 348 tri-power or a 409 w/dual quads. That's what would replace my 350 with if I could afford one. I wonder if in 1965 could you special order either one? The 348 is also a truck motor. I better wake up cause I'm dreamin'.....................................................Hemmit
This is my first choice for a Chevy engine. I have been contemplating what I would need to do with mounts and clutch linkage in my '65 using my '64 dual quad 409.

A non Chevy engine choice would be a toss up between the much loved 401 Nailhead or a full tilt 455 olds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy43 View Post
front wheel drive northstar. that confuses people when you tell them that is your powerplant but its plenty strong and a dependable daily driver as well. i got a friend who has one in a 51 two door chevy and its awesome
I have an '05 Bonneville GXP with the Northstar and it is a great engine! You can buy them brand new from Speedway Motors for about $3500. There is a guy out here that has one in a front engine dragster with a custom Hilborn injection and it looks at first glance like a 392... I think this would be a great combo for a cruiser but you have to get the cooling system in order as these things don't like high temps.
blackedoutharley is offline   Reply With Quote