View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 06:26 PM   #265
Dub_X
Professional Crow Bar Tosser

Re: How about some pics of 88-98 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky78045 View Post
here is one of the backside (the tails were stock and painted black but had to remove them because they were attracting the wrong attention lol)

Mountie: i love the vent visors but the one on the passenger side just recently started flapping around. the sticky tape must have been melted with this triple digit heat. i need to re-stick it but i need to find that double sided 3mm tape or whatever it uses to glue it down and seal it after. any tips lol :p

Dub_X: thanks, its been in the family since it left the lot in 88, mom was the original owner. it was given to me as a graduation gift as a sophomore, i had to get to school somehow lol... i was offered a 2002 camaro(graduation year) or this 88 fixer upper. i fell in love with the 5.7 so i chose wisely and kept it. i need to update the pictures of the truck, it has some minor body damage thanks to alot of dumb drivers here, a motorcycle sideswiped the truck(looks like someone keyed it) and the driver fender has a nasty dent from some hit and run while i worked....

heres a picture of the truck in 03 i believe. it had a camper before lol this was one of the first days without it.

and here is a small gif of the truck back when gas was cheaper lol
Even with the little things, it's a gorgeous truck. And those little things just add to the memory and history. My dad's friend Dave has a '73 F#rd F-250 his grandpa bought off the lot in '73. Still has the dent in the fender from when his grandma drove into the mailbox. He said he knows he can buff it out, but why? It just adds to the memory. The truck has less than 50,000 miles on it I believe.
Dub_X is offline   Reply With Quote