View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #114
MikeJones16

Re: 79 Silverado long box build

Hoping this new master cylinder will fix the back brakes not getting any fluid problem.

Got this box since i lost mine somewhere. Tried hooking it up and all I hear is a loud click(Fuse must have went) And I busted the heater core tubes.

Painted interior pieces with flat black rollbar paint... Turned out way better then i thought it would.

New starter fixed the problem of not wanting to start when the truck was warm

Went to Partsource looking for a new alternator bracket, and met this cool chick at the counter. She said they didn't sell any but she had some at her house. So I go over to her house and she has a Monte Carlo with a 400sb with a top end on it. I was jealous and surprised and speechless all at the same time hahaha. Anyways, she gave me her old alternator and brackets for free. So i thought hell might as well use them.

Picked up this bumper at a Pick-a-part for 20$ and I painted it. Doesn't seem to be the right fit though.. Seems a little low..

Here is a picture of the exhaust and under carriage.

Right now i'm changing out the heater core, Hopefully I remember where everything goes. And I'm needing to bleed the brakes still after the Master Cylinder install. After this, i'll need to redo the tranny pan gasket, as i over tightened this one, I'm gonna try and use RTV at the same time. My aftermarket oil pan Leaks aswell and I used ALOT of RTV + gasket.. Any advice?

Also, i broke off the dipstick for the engine, inside the block... Any advice on getting it out?

Last edited by MikeJones16; 12-07-2011 at 11:58 PM.
MikeJones16 is offline   Reply With Quote