View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #146
69c10stepside
Large Member

Re: '89 GMC C1500 build thread

Installed my radiator tonight, still working out the top mounts but it is going to work. If you notice, the electric fan is off to the driver side more so then the middle. It is because I am going to be mounting a separate fan on the front for the a/c.

Some time ago I bought a 180 degree thermostat to put in when I did my radiator swap. I went to use it and I found out the big nasty secret of these later engines. Apparently I have an OEM Replacement water pump installed, since the housing I have can have the thermostat replaced. I had bought one that was listed as what I needed (since I didn't have any idea of the replaced water pump) and the thermostat came as a complete non replaceable assembly. These assemblies are not compatible with the waterpump I have (the housing is larger around where the actual thermostat springs etc is at).

With all that said, I will try to get pictures of the differences. I went to a local parts store and bought a replacement thermostat for my housing, since I could replace mine.
Attached Images

1972 Gmc Jimmy

1972 Chevy C10 SWB Sold
69c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote