View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
bikerman9967

for you guys with bagged trucks...

I just picked up a 52 chevy 1/2 ton. pretty good cond. i plan on doing a full resto and adding bags to the front and rear.. now i have a few questions because i havent been able to find much about bagged 50s trucks. they have everything under the sun speld out for bagging 50s chevy cars but not the trucks from what i can find.

first off i was thinking of going with a fatman mustang 2 for the front. but im not sure if i would need the ultra low or just dropped spindles to get the boards on the ground. i know these are a bit different then the cars as the running boards are lower then the frame. for the back i was going to c knotch and 4 link, possibly with gambino kustoms tail dragger kit.

anyone have any pointers,tips, or advice im going to need to know to get this done? like how much do i have to cut into the floor and firewall for the driveshaft? how should i figure my ride hight? anything would be helpfull.

A little about me as for im new here. Ive been around classic cars my whole life and have built a few. 32 ford 2 door sedan and a 54 chevy 2 door 210. also a pretty big harley guy ad have built a few bikes. Im no stranger to a welder or to fabricating.

Thanks for any help given.
bikerman9967 is offline   Reply With Quote