View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #3779
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57truckguy View Post
May I suggest only as a word of caution to have a water hose handy when bench bleeding the master cylcinder in the truck, Ask me why ?????
I was more than carefull. Dot 5 doesn't attack paint like DOT3 does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
you know, i was just thinking...you better apply the brakes and go really slow from here on out, weening yourself off this build before it's completed....otherwise you might have withdrawals or get all depressed on us (j/k)....but seriously, it's gonna feel funny when there's "nothing" else to do....that's when i'll drop mine off for you to tinker with ....many of us here have had the privilege of watching your build, but it's gonna be fun to relax, hit up some shows, and unveil your precious gem to the rest of the world
I've thought about that. There will always be something to do to it. It will be nice to drive it tho.

Got the brakes almost bled. I used my vacumn pump and gravity to get it done. I want someone to pump the pedal and do a final bleed. I had a couple minor leaks and tightened easily since the threads had oil in them. i heard of nite mares of sealing up SS brake lines. So far so good.

NOTE: Don't mix DOT5 with anything other types of brake fluid.
Attached Images

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote