View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #186
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Just wrapped up 4 days of working in my garage.
On Saturday I built a welding cart out of an old shop/wet vac chassis. It works a ton better than what I did to my rolling tool box, and even has a cradle for the air tank behind it, so it is a lot more mobile than it was.

Sunday I tinkered with my guage cluster bezel. With that I am omiting all the knobs and starter and cigarette lighter; those will be relocated to other places on the dash.

When I finished that I started in on my in cab hood release.
I looked in the mods and FAQs but did not see a walk thru for any ideas for this so I sorta just winged it.

Then Monday and today I worked on my hood, seperating the lower front hood panel where the turn signal bezels mount from the rest of the hood. I did this for a couple reasons. I had a pretty gnarly dent in my hood that the dent puller was not getting to good enough to suit me, and I wanted to make a mod to the fresh air intakes/hood release holes. I plan to screen that in and make it functional for a future mod/idea.

#1 is my original guages (silver) and a spare from the boneyard (black)
#2 is cutting out the old controls holes
#3 is the patches donated from the original guage cluster bezel
#4 is after some ZipStrip and brass wire wheeling on the bench grinder. It is now ready for some filler, contour detailing and then paint.
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote