View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #13
k1rodeoboater

Re: Good deal or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralhead View Post
I paid a bit less than that for my 3/4 ton '50 and ended up replacing a lot of floor steel and cowels but the rolling chassis had already been gone through. New fuel tank, hood hinges and the stuff that will nickle/dime you to death. It had a good seat frame, steering wheel and interior/exterior items that are not cheap to replace. Are there many in the area for sale or would you have to travel a distance to find one? If it is a sound cab and at least a rebuildable motor and a future project i would say it is worth the price but would try $4k. These things are not getting cheaper. Good luck.
The cab seems to be sound minus some rust in the floor. Makes me wonder about the condition of the cab mounts/supports and cowls. All of the repairs would be well withing my abilities.

Interior is complete but needs to be redone of course. Tank appears to be good. The hood and hinges seem to be In superb shape for 60yr old metal
Posted via Mobile Device

no garage, no shop, limited storage space and tools....no problem.
k1rodeoboater is offline   Reply With Quote