View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #15
coralhead

Re: Good deal or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1rodeoboater View Post
Holy crap....after looking at the prices for replacement 3/4 ton parts I see why they aren't very popular. I am not so sure it is such a great deal and here is why, aside from the fact that 3/4 ton brake parts are expensive as all get out...............

The bed is in really good shape with the original wood. The head board needs to be replaced but that is to be expected. The tailgate has a few holes in it from reflectors and the license plate, but that is easily fixed as the tailgate is otherwise perfectly straight. Bedsides are solid with a few dents the can be worked out. Cross sills look to be solid still, bed strips are good too. Truck has a brand new exhaust on it, new brakes and cylinders, and new master cylinder.

My estimation....would be anywhere for $3-5k in body repair panels (no paint) and glass work. That's prior to touching the engine, trans, chassis, and interior which I figure would run about the same best to worst case. So $6-10k of work to get it done.

Prices based off lmc catalogue
Posted via Mobile Device
Are you sure that this is a 3/4 ton? Check the wheel lugs....If the brakes have already been through you are ahead. If you have the running boards you will be ahead. As for the cost of the patch panels and glass, go to truckandcarshop dot com for prices. LMC is high. I replaced both floor sides, inner and outer cowels, kick panels and cab corners (all patch panels) for <$650 materials. I did my glass locally. It just depends on how for you want to go on a restoration. Being a 3 window the price is probably high. no more than $4K.
coralhead is offline   Reply With Quote