View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #3829
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
Not sure on the ???'s but sounds like it might be a low battery issue....

Truck is looking great...better get it together so you can get an appraisal while the Barrett Jackson comp's are still fresh
Thanks, and I did charge the battery. It didn't seem low judging by the charger. The flashers do flash longer now.

I hope to get the apprasial this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57truckguy View Post
Yes, IF you have the 4way flashers on and hit the brake they will stop flashing, at least they do on mine and I have any upgraded wiring kit from EZ Wire..
Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
The flasher do the same thing on my 2000 chevy work truck ( 3500 HD bucket truck )
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
It has been my experience in every vehicle I have driven, Civilian and Military, that the lights stop flashing when you have the 4ways on, and your turn signal indicators will stay lit as well. If after you charge your battery and check your 4ways again, and they only flash 7-8 times and stop I suggest reaching in and feeling your 4way controler/flasher see if it is uncommonly warm to the touch.

Same thing if your head light switch seems twitchy.

These things tend to stop working when they get too hot due to an internal short IIRC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57truckguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogeroo View Post
My 1965 C10 does this... flashers on and flashing-flashing, if I hit the brake the blinker indicators on the dash(stock 1965 dash with gauges) go solid.

However, my steering column is a 1971... and I wired in the flasher unit after I bought the truck, when I realized it was possible. I was discussing some of this stuff on another old truck board and a fella explained it to me.

dunno if that helps you or not, but that is what mine do as well.

-W
Thanks guys for all the reinforcement.

Like I mentioned above I did put a charge on the battery. It didn't seem low judging by the charger, but the flashers are working good now. The turn signals don't do anything. The only thing that I have noticed is with the brakes on and when I turn on a turn signal, the brake light goes out. Remember nothing is hooked up on the front as far as lights go.

Today I installed the wiper motor and drive. I hot wired the wipers to make sure everything moves like it should. No abnormal noises.

Installed the cowl panel and hood to cowl seal.

Hooked up the headlight relays to the battery.

Got the fan relay all hooked up, but the ign wire to the temp sensor for the relay. Trying to figure out the best point to pull power from. I did hot wire the fan to make sure I had the polarity correct. It sure is quiet.
Attached Images

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote