View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #20
Chad215

Re: Houston 64 GMC (Big Blue)

Thanks 57, I appreciate it-

I've been learning a lot from this forum and getting more and more ideas, and the more I think about it, the more it seems that I'll be going a little further than I originally planned.

Famous last words, right.

I'm going to go ahead and mount a tank under the bed, simply to gain some room in the cab. I'm 6'-2" and going to want all the room I can get in there. Still haven't decided how I'm going to fill the tank. I don't know if I like the idea of putting it through the bed.

To anyone else wondering whats going on- I've decided to get rid of the 305 that is currently in there. I don't have a hoist, and don't really have the room to keep one. Renting one will cost me 75$, and I'm just not ok with that since I can buy a used one for $100. But- I don't have the room in my garage to keep it, even overnight.

I'm hoping someone will come take this off of my hands for me, and bring a hoist to pull it. I'm trying to trade the block and heads for some jackstands and thier time to pull it. The motor is ready to come out, just waiting to find someone that needs a core. I think I'm giving someone a great deal, just haven't found anyone yet.