View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #126
Harleys 4 You

Re: WOW........2023 original miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by barraza View Post
I'm not trying to get in an argument, just stating a fact. There was absolutely no documentation to support the miles claimed. Bill of sales, POP's and build sheets don't document anything about miles. Produce a stack of state inspection documents with miles recorded for the last 40 years and I would feel different.

As for being joe schmo with a truck I "once owned", you're wrong. I still own it, it has a lot more miles, it gets used regularly, and it still has rockers, frame and firewall that look as good as this truck.

This truck may be everything the seller claims, he may be the nicest, most honest guy in the world, but I have seen too many ebay horror stories to EVER buy anything sight unseen, and I think anyone who buys that way is crazy. If I could see it in person and it really looks 2000 mile original in person, I would buy it in a heartbeat. You can't get to where this truck is for the money, IF it is real.

It is by appearances a very nice truck, all I was saying is buy the condition, not a mileage figure that has no way to be substantiated.

If you really want to be sure, here's some places to look. Pull the wheels - the brakes should look new, drums never turned, not even much dust on a 2000 mile vehicle, no wear at all where the shoes rub the backing plate, and wheel bearings and seals should look like new. Pull the transmission pan - nothing inside but clean fluid, no shavings or dirt, original filter. Should have original alternator, carb, points, plugs, condenser, cap and wires, or repair receipts (with miles recorded) for. Pull a rear axle - the bearing rides on it, it should look like new, that's something no one would ever replace when trying to cover up miles.

A 2000 mile vehicle of any kind is a rare bird, and potentially worth a lot of money. There are demos on lots with over 2000 miles that you can't even tell have been driven. Absolutely the only wear on a 2000 mile vehicle should be from time. Only buy mileage if you are planning on putting it in a museum. Otherwise buy the best condition you can, and build it like you want, stock or modified.

To the owner, good luck in the sale, I'm not trying to say you are not being honest. I just don't take anyones word for something that can't be verified.
We do have some state inspection papers. Some of them do state the miles. Thank you for reminding me about them. I will get pictures of them added to my posting tomorrow. I am so certain of the miles on this truck that, if you buy the truck and are able to proof that the miles are not actual, I will give all your money back plus your expenses.
Harleys 4 You is offline   Reply With Quote