View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #57
67c10rustbuket

Re: Rustbuket 67 build "Georgia"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Very nice progress on your build. I like the Vortec 5.7, you really got a smokin deal on that package. Yes, you should end up getting it for free by the time you part it out and scrap whats left. I did a TBI conversion on my son's 86. The wiring is my weakest part of these conversions. You should be able to get all the information you need to do the swap on this site. There are some engine gurus on the powertrain section. Keep plugging along. I hope to see your build in person some time. If you're out my way hit me up and you can check out mine

I have been parting some of it but as a friends first deal so far, just posted some parts on CL but as you know they all want to get parts for $5 around here. Im about halfway there for paying for the Tahoe so it should pay for itself. I havent read your build of landens truck yet but i will, i really like the TBI setups they are reliable and pretty easy to find, I drive one every day, my 93 Z71. I am also a little weak on the wiring but I found a complete wiring diagram and ECM pinouts on LT1swap.com so that should help. I also plan on asking a few Q's over on the powertrain section once I get to it. I will definately hit you up to look at yours next time I visit the parents since they're only a few miles from you. also you're welcome to look at mine if your out this way before I get her on the road.

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote