View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:01 PM   #16
odog

Re: Vintage 4wd Pictures:Other Makes

Well, my bronco aint near as tough as yours, I bought it from an old guy when I was 16, he took pretty good care of it, it had the stock cb that plugs into the dash, white wagon wheels with 31x10.50's. stock 351 M, a nice ride. I took pretty good care of it, but I took it hunting, playing in the desert sand and mud here. I put 33X12.50 thornbirds on it when I was a senior, then when I graduated I drove it to college in Dillon MT. The summer between my freshman and sophmore year I put the 460 in. Nothing radical, stock 460, edebrock performer intake,cam,carb and timing set, thats about it, but what a HUGE difference from the old 351. What I liked is it dropped right in like it belonged there. I really started to play then, would try to climb anything I could find, any mudhole I came across I went through. It was my daily driver for 10 years, then I got my 69 together and started alternating between the 2. A few months ago I had tranny problems in the 69 so I was driving the bronco quite a bit. I was headed to my parents house to cut some wood and about 5 miles before there house I lost the rearend. Broke the pinion. So now it sits while I get a new ring and pinion for it. I think while I am at it I will rebuild the front end, its kinda sloppy, needs ball joints.

Anyway, sorry this is so long, and about a ford on a chevy site, but man I love that bronco. I got some pics that I will scan and post tonight.