View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #24
Chad215

Re: Houston 64 GMC (Big Blue)

I've got a tin shed in the back, that has a lot of my stuff in it. I just have a lot of stuff. Too much. I wish I had more room, but I'm learning to deal with things the way they are. You can see from the pics that I have just enough room for the front of the frame to clear the door. I can deal with the limited room to the sides. If it was a matter of moving stuff to have more room in the front or back, I would do it in a sec. I've just got a small garage. Thanks for the suggestion, if it comes to it, I'm sure I'll go that route.

Not a whole lot done this weekend compared to some of you guys, but it sure seemed like a lot for me. Found a guy to buy the 305 from me, so he came over Sunday morning. By 9AM we had the motor and transmission pulled, and he was on his way.
Name:  truck 023.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  95.5 KB

I had decided awhile back that I was going to rebuild and paint the suspension, so I decided to go ahead and get to it. Got to love these perches...I don't know what the PO was thinking. Surely it would have been easier to get the right ones than to try to do all this welding and fitting. I mean, dang...the holes are already there. So..I got to spend some time with the cutoff wheel.
Name:  truck 026.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  86.0 KB

Got it all out. Me and pitman arms are not friends anymore. Got a puller and watched it start bending. I was afraid it was going to break, whacked it pretty hard with a BFH and nothing. Nothing at all. I swear I heard it laughing at me.
I started getting frustrated so I crossed my fingers, gave it a huge swing, and that sucker just popped off.
One of my wife's friends came outside right at that moment and asked what I was doing. I replied that I was making a pitman arm my bi*ch.
She didn't seem as impressed as I hoped.

Name:  truck 028.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  90.9 KB

It was about 3PM, around 40*, and I hadn't been inside since 7AM. I was debating stopping for lunch, when it started hailing out of nowhere. Kinda odd for Houston. I took it as a sign to go in, so I packed it all back in the garage and called it a day.

The hood crate roll around thingy has a cameo in a couple of these shots.

Last edited by Chad215; 02-12-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Chad215 is offline   Reply With Quote