View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #45
N8B

Re: "Baby" - My 79 Blazer Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop's C-10 View Post
I like tha look of tha 5th gen steelies

Pop's - Thanks. I really like how they turned out. I have never seen it done before on the late model trucks or blazers. It was a challenge but a big pay off in the end. They came off a 2011 Camero. It gave me 18" wheels with that classic look and I only paid $300 for the wheels and brand new tires!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodybigblock View Post
Man i hope to see more progress. you have this thing looking great and with a 454 this thing will be a killer!

Thanks so much. With my work schedule and a 5 year old assistant I tend to be slow. While I work on things and leave him alone he takes the creeper and get's under the truck or in the front and cuts wires to "help out".
I have to spend half my time after I put him to bed to go over everything and correct it.
BUT I would much rather deal with that and have the opportunity to spend time with my son having him in the shop then having him play video games.

I am collecting part's to get it finished so I can roll.
Believe it or not even with the 454 and t400 I am 4" shorter in engine & tranny length than the 305 T350 combo yet I still had to move the cross member back 4" for the tranny mount Figure that out!!!!!!!!!!! (each tranny has different mounting points and the T350 had a long shaft rear housing)
I am a little concerned about the drive shaft and slip yoke. I have "grab" on the yoke but I also have about 4" exposed on the yoke out of the tranny. I am very tempted to find another drive shaft a bit longer or have the blazer one lengthened. I may wait until I attack the rear.
I have not let the cat out of the bag but I may put a JAG IRS in it.
SHHHHHHHHH!

Now with the 454 I REALLY want a 3" cowl hood. I may cut the original hood and fab up my own system. I will let you know. I have to get this thing running because I am about ready to make some major changes in my life and need the transport. I took down my running daily driver Hot Rod 34 Ford pickup to steal the transmission. So now I have my wife shuttling me around.
At this point she is PISSED WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by N8B; 02-16-2012 at 02:51 PM.
N8B is offline   Reply With Quote