View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #3942
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtechX View Post
Alan, is your grille painted the same color as your roof or is it painted silver? Can't really tell for sure from the pics. I'm going to paint mine silver when it gets warmer, until I can afford a chrome one. Also are you painting a gray stripe down the side between the side mouldings or leaving it body color? Oh and the truck.... is straight up killer!!!
It's painted the same color as the roof. I am going to paint the same color between the mouldings on the side. BTW Thanks

Today I wanted to drive it on the road. First I played around with the new advance timing light. I have a total of 36* advance with the distributor vac disconnected at 2500-3000 rpm (no tach). It ended up being 10-12* advance at idle. After talking to Ronnie he said I need to bump the timing on up to 14-16* and try that. It is a dog starting off.

I discovered that some of my pulley's are 5 rib and not 6. I pulled the belt off and took a razor blade to it. Most of one rib was already cut thru. I think I still need to tinker with it the belt is not centered on the idler.

Attached Images

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote