View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 08:27 AM   #5
80SPORT

Re: 1978 Chevy sport 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967ChevyC50Flatbed View Post
Do you know which factory colors were used for the yellow, brown, and white, also I'm in need of an original sport bumper with impact strips cause when I first got my truck when I was 16 4 years ago like any young kid wants I had to put a double tube wellcasing bumper on it and the old bumper stayed at my friends house where we welded the new one on, and I recently asked him where my old bumper was and he said scrap yard so now I'm having a hard time finding one with impact strips doesn't matter if it's chrome I can sandblast it off and paint it
Posted via Mobile Device
I believe the stripes were a decal package....so your best bet is to deal with a sign shop that does vehicle wraps...have them work from the picture.
I have a red 78 Sport 454/bucket seat truck but the decals are long gone...I will get the same shop that did the stripes on my 80 to do them.
The chrome bumpers with impact strips were popular on suburbans so that is your best bet when looking for them;as you noted you can strip a chrome unit and paint it.;painted with impact strips were Sport only so they are very hard to find;as far as I know none of the vendors sell a 73-80 bumper with holes for impact strips.
80SPORT is offline   Reply With Quote