View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #112
WIDESIDE72

Re: 72 SWB STEP "Army truck" Budget Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
I forgot to check the neutral safety switch.I will have dad check that, since the truck is t his place now and I am at home. It may not be plugged in, or is bad.
That was it. The trans linkage wasn't installed and the shifter was not in park, so it wouldnt start with the key.

In the mean time, the project has taken a turn. The body was pulled and sent to the body shop. Currently, the bodywork is about half done and it is no longer a "budget" or "Army truck" build. Dad is paying as he goes and has about $1500 in the body work including material. The body man is doing it on the side due to being slow at the shop he works at. It will probably take another $1500 to get it done, but I have seen this guy's work and it is top notch, some of the best I have EVER seen!. He will be done in another week. No "paint jail" on this one. This explains the reason why it is no longer a budget build. Here is the explanation as to why it is no longer going to be an "Army truck' build. This is the color we decided on:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/restoration...P+AE2702-KIT-M

The body work is so nice, we decided it was too nice to go with olive drab. First we thought dark emerald green metallic, but then changed our mind to Fire red pearl. I have an almost complete original green interior from another truck I parted out, but we like this better. I will dye parts black, or buy black where dye won't work.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote