View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #135
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: Project "SWISS CHEESE" the 68 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuke1 View Post
Good morning, you are right I did cover the entire panel with mud, the reason behind this is because when you start sanding it, you will get a complete flat surface, no ridges or crowns or lows to deal with, one shot sally we will say. As for the epozy it is best to spray it, let it dry, sand it with 80 grit, er I should say rough it up. once this is done you then apply your filler. Yes there will be high spots and breakthroughs. but just finish your mud work and then re-epoxy. once epoxied again just sand and then add a high build primer. The epoxy just seals the metal from any future rust issues. I like using it when the weather is not nice and the humidity is high, this way you know that your metal will not rust. A bit of advice is to actually pour some epoxy in your crevices and let it work its way out, this seals all areas. Honestly, I spray my epoxy after the mudwork is done. I know it is good either way, but in my opinion it jusrt wastes product. but if you have concers with surface rust before you can get to your mudwork or the piece has to sit a long time, then I would suggest spraying it.
Thanks James. That's what I was looking for. I trying to avoid wasting product. I plan on doing the epoxy primer as soon as I get the filler work done so there shouldn't be any rust issues. Rock on with this thing. More pictures.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote