View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
ItsNotABlazer
The full convertible guy

dad bought it new....

Well I have finally decided after putting it off for many years to start getting my 64 swb closer to being road worthy again. Dad bought this truck new, traded it to my uncle in the 80s (for some hay and cash I think), then I did some swapping with my uncle to get it back (i think i swapped him a cookstove and fridge lol)

Plans are to change the suspension over to 5 lug from early 80s truck, do a static drop (probably 3/5 to start with), possibly get a 283 and rebuild it. Still debating which way to go with drivetrain but I have lots of time before that comes to pass anyway. I might keep the 3 speed but make it floor shifter.....

Would like to relocate the gas tank, simple but comfortable interior. Truck still has factory AM radio which I might leave and put XM receiver in glovebox. Of course being in Texas it will need some vintage air to keep it cool.

This is what it looked like after I acquired it from my uncle probably 10 yrs ago.....yes i put stuff off lol. How about those greenwalls?

Paint will either be factory green or a really dark blue. Will start a build thread soon
1975 GMC Jimmy 2WD lowered 4/6
1972 Chevy Trazer soon to be roadster
1965 Mustang 289/3 speed (friends dad bought it new)
1964 Chevy C10 (dad bought it new)
ItsNotABlazer is offline   Reply With Quote