View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #31

Re: Rebuilding Vent Windows, How To...

\

As shown in the video in the previous post, he inserts the glass from the back edge of the door working it forward with the regulator rollers in the channel. I have found it is MUCH easier, and less chance of scratching your paint on the door frame if you do it the opposite way and remove and install the glass from the front edge of the door. Doing it this way will allow you to complete the job without a helper supporting the glass while you try to fight to get the glass in place while trying not to scratch your paint.

Also, go ahead and get any weather stripping removed from where the back side of the glass sits if you were not able to remove it all earlier.

Now is a good time to clean up all the old grease from the rollers and glass channels. Years of dirt and dust slow down the operation of the regulator and rollers and put unnecessary strain on the window motors that are probably weak anyways if they have not been changed.

1984 GMC Sierra Classic-1/2 ton-SWB (R.I.P.)
1986 GMC Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4
2014 GMC Sierra LTZ Z-71 Crew SWB

Last edited by 1425956; 03-23-2012 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Added info
1425956 is offline   Reply With Quote