View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #33

Re: Rebuilding Vent Windows, How To...

Once you have cleaned and lubed up the regulator, lock and handle mechanism inside the door, go ahead and put the glass back in the door and roll the window all the way back down. Again, double check to make sure all the old weather stripping and window channel has been removed from the channels in the door that support the back edge of the glass.

Now we are going to disassemble the vent window to remove the old rubber and install new. Use a screw driver to remove the vent window weather strip that should still be in the back channel of the vent window. This is the part the front edge of the glass rides in and is going to be replaced. This will be all one piece on the new weather strip. I believe these are 2 piece on older model trucks. But I may be mistaken.

Now we are going to disassemble the vent window tension spring assembly. Use a screw driver to open up the small metal locking mechanism so we can unscrew the nut and remove it all.

Once the nut is loosened a little, the tension will be released. It is not under much pressure and will not fly off. Remove it all and lay it out in order so you can reassemble it correctly.

Go ahead and remove these two washers also.

1984 GMC Sierra Classic-1/2 ton-SWB (R.I.P.)
1986 GMC Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4
2014 GMC Sierra LTZ Z-71 Crew SWB
1425956 is offline   Reply With Quote