View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
clinebarger

Re: 2004 silverado does not want to stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismoore701 View Post
my dad has had this truck for about 3-4 years and they seem to have gotten worse. One thing I did yesterday was got up to about 10 mph hit the brake with my left foot and the gas with my right and kind of hammered down on both and I could not stop the truck, then engine would drag it. I tried that in my 09 and everything flew out from under the back seat and I about kissed the windshield. I feel something is wrong, put it this way, it is better with the oem brakes on there, but before that I would not want my mom to drive it. And if you asked if I am a satisfied customer with my brake job, I would say no. I just feel they need to be better
What pads are you running? Delco's? Ceramic? Ive owned quite a few 99-04 1/2 tons & never noticed any problems with the brakes as far as a design/engineering issue. The parking brake on the other hand sucks. The brakes are ALOT better than the 88-98 trucks.

Ceramic pads require a long "break in" before they stop good. Are the caliper slides & harware in good shape?

Wagner HD semi-metallic pads would make it stop! Brake rotor wear, brake dust & noise whould follow but it would stop.
clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote